[blindkid] Christmas DVS movies

Richard Holloway rholloway at gopbc.org
Fri Dec 7 01:38:32 UTC 2012

We're a bit more liberal with our house policy. If it has DVS, Kendra can choose, which makes her less grumpy when we try to convince her to watch a non-DVS show now and then. We've built a decent little library over the past couple of years-- we probably have around 50 audio described titles now. After several viewings, Kendra usually says she doesn't need the DVS. I get so used to the DVS that some shows actually sound odd with the feature turned OFF, LOL...

One bonus for me in the car when we are driving all day, like for 800 miles to NFB conventions-- when we run DVS in the car, I can "watch" the show while I drive by way of audio description. I certainly like that as well or better than listening to the radio for 16 hours straight...