[blindkid] Ipad & Note taker - technology question

Penny Duffy pennyduffy at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 16:09:41 UTC 2012

Ok Abby  has an ipad with a refreshable braille display. The state is
letting us 'borrow' the states braille display.  I doin't think currently
with the apps available its a braille note (or similar) replacement.  It
does do grade 2  braille but there is a bit of a delay.  I need to work
more with it. Its not integrated into her education.  I also haven't tried
the new bookshare read to go app upgrade.  The braille display does work
great for import and reading.. (it will put on the braille display what
ever is said in voice over and you can turn the sound off)   Now it may end
up working great for Abby once the team gets into the grove.  Abby loves
her Ipad (the ipad is hers)  She uses its to watch Netflix a lot.  What
makes the ipad so good for kids with some vision is they can put it right
up to their faces so it can be a useful tool.  Its not very portable.   Its
getting close and it may be I need more time to figure it out (so I can
teach her team) or she will be getting a braille note next year LOL.   I
recommend the ipad with the braille display as a filler to give her a start
in technology.

Chantel.  I honestly just got up and i have no idea if i made sense.   I
have a blog and I haven't even blogged about Abby using an Ipad because I
don't have enough information for my readers LOL.   My goal is to have her
to start using it for practicing her spelling words and that use it for
read writing and some reading.
-Penny

--
--Penny