[blindkid] iPad & Workshop Request

DrV icdx at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 9 23:54:03 UTC 2012

Happy New Year All,
If any of your kids have started to use iPads in the classroom I would love
to hear anything you can share.
Are they being used more stand-alone or paired to a BrailleNote-type device?
Our district has started a pilot & is definitely moving in that direction ­
full steam ahead with iPads.
Interestingly a number of local school districts are looking at our district
& setting up appointments to visit as they too are interested in moving in
that direction.
The following is a district webpage with links to apps being used in our
district's classrooms & a few video links etc.
My kids are not part of the pilot yet, so I would really love some
experience-based feedback.

This topic along with a broader e-based education workshop would be very
timely & interesting for this summer's convention -> perhaps a panel
presentation?
Sincerely,
Eric V