[blindkid] paper compatible abacus

Sally Thomas seacknit at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 19:34:24 UTC 2012

The paper compatible method makes sense to sighted users but I like the
method Annie (I cannot remember her last name) teaches.  I think it is
faster and more intuitive.  You work from left to right instead of right to
left.

David abandoned the abacus for various reasons but I think it is very
useful.  I wish more kids learned it as I think understanding the mechanics
of math is important.

Sally Thomas