[blindkid] harry potter

Richard Holloway rholloway at gopbc.org
Mon Jun 18 18:10:57 UTC 2012

As far as I know, they never released the DVS videos, at least in the US. I suspect there may be copies available in the UK, but then they would be the wrong region disks to play in most US players. I have seen DVS in US theaters, but never on DVD.

With that said, there are copies of the DVS soundtracks which can be tracked down. If you don't need the video portion at all, that may work for you. Unfortunately, the audio-only DVS recordings I have found never seem to track at the same speed as the actual videos. That means if  you play the audio with a non-dvs video on the TV, they will drift apart, and generally the drift will be significant-- many seconds, up to a minute or more over an entire film.

My suspicion is the audio is from non-US copies and because of some technical differences between the formats in different countries, it causes a slight speed shift.

If you're interested, contact me off-list and I will try to explain in more detail where you can possibly get the audio.

Richard