[blindkid] learning braille & print?

Nicole Cannon nicole at cannonig.com
Fri Jun 29 17:56:30 UTC 2012

My son is almost 5 with visual acuity about 20/200.  He can see large
print, but I've noticed he seems to be a tactile learner.  I've been
reading about learning to be a dual reader to give him the most tools,
but I'm somewhat concerned about overloading him with too many things to
learn at once.  Does anyone have any input on the best way to go about
teaching him Braille and print?  I'm going to talk to his IU teacher
also, but so far, the IU has been focusing on using the vision he has.

Thanks,
Nicole