[blindkid] learning braille & print?

Amy Safko amy.safko at comcast.net
Fri Jun 29 19:03:25 UTC 2012

My 10 year old daughter just started learning Braille as a dual media learner in April.  In her case her vision is 20/200 in the left and 20/400 in the right.  Given that we have no idea what the future holds and the fact that,since her vision loss in December, she suffers from extreme eye fatigue we feel this is the best approach.  Kids can learn and absorb so much more than we can as adults so with the right instruction I would think it can only benefit your son.

If you need to discuss it more, don't hesitate to contact me off the list.

Amy

Sent from my iPad