[blindkid] FW: [Nfbc-info] Fwd: Updated California Chemistry Camp ProgramAnnouncement

Gina Ouellette gouellette at csb-cde.ca.gov
Mon Mar 19 19:40:21 UTC 2012

Hi,

This came from the NFB of California list asking for it to be distributed outside of California as well. It is for the Chemistry Camp at Enchanted Hills Camp, a camp in Northern California for Blind and Visually Impaired kids and teens.

I had an opportunity to observe this program last year and it is amazing-- No vinegar and baking soda volcanoes here! There are real scientists and chemistry professors from a university, doing real, very cool, very hands-on science experiments. The coordinator, Hoby Wedler, is a blind chemist.

A great opportunity if your child or teen can make it!

Gina O.

>Hello,
>
>Please distribute this far and wide. It's the new chemistry camp
>program announcement with the later application due date.
>Dave, please send this to the NFB Master List as we're accepting
>students from outside California as well.
>Many thanks,
>-- Hoby Wedler
>
>Chemistry Camp Coordinator
>
>Announcing the 2012 California Chemistry Camp!
>

>Would you like to learn how blind people tackle the very visual subject
>of organic chemistry successfully? Do you have a general love for
>science? Do you want to learn how you can do chemistry as a blind
>person just as successfully as your sighted peers? Do you want to apply
>the chemistry you learned to food such as olive oil? Are you interested
>in how blind professionals use science in their careers every day? Then
>the 2012 California Chemistry Camp is for you!
>
>Come join the National Federation of the Blind of California, the
>California Association of Blind Students, the Lighthouse for the Blind
>of San Francisco, the University of California, Davis chemistry
>department, TPG Capital, and up to fifteen blind and low-vision high
>school students for an Educational, exciting, and Fun-Filled weekend of science!
>
>There's still time to apply for the 2012 California Chemistry Camp!
>The new application deadline is April 5, 2012.
>
>To see more about the camp and apply online, go to:
><http://www.sixdots.org>www.sixdots.org
>and follow the link to the application!
>We hope to see you in Northern California in a little more than a month!
>This should be a life-changing experience!
>
>Yours sincerely,
>
>-- Henry (Hoby) Wedler
>Chemistry Camp Coordinator

Nfbc-info: