[blindkid] Braille note

Carol Castellano carol_castellano at verizon.net
Sat Mar 31 14:17:24 UTC 2012

Hi Traci,

Building on things others have said...

Services and materials in the Individualized Education Plan are
supposed to be based on the child's identified needs.  Showing that
your daughter needs this technology in order to gain full access to
the curriculum on an equal basis with her peers will provide a strong
basis for your request.  You can demonstrate the need through a
technology evaluation or by pointing out areas she does not have full
access.  Remember always to say "she needs..."  and not "I want..."!

Good luck!

Carol

Carol Castellano
President, Parents of Blind Children-NJ