[blindkid] Notes on Eye Poking

eleonora Desplanches eleonora.desplanches at gmail.com
Tue May 1 18:22:52 UTC 2012

Daphne, who has LCA, started to poke her eyes when she was just 7 weeks old
and I think that at that time she had some kind of (very limited) vision,
so I don't think it is related to a need for stimulation as Deborah said.
Sometimes she pushes with her hands/fists/toys... and sometimes (most
recently) she just pushes with her index.
For Daphne, it really looks like a reflex similar to sucking her thumb, as
Barbara said.