[blindkid] BrailleNote use

Susie scooper1218 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 6 03:22:37 UTC 2012

My son's school had provided all that we have asked for. As of this year he has a braillenote that he has with him at all times. 2 braillers, one for home & another for the after care at school. He has an embosser & printer at home and at school.  For class use he has a laptop with JAWS and and eye pal, he did just the last two & once they train him at school & he's comfortable he will be able to bring home. My son is in 5th grade and we live in Antelope Valley, CA.  Since he started attending there since first grade he has had equipment at home and at school.
My suggestion is to add an addendum & get the teacher, principal and the school district to help your child get the best education that the DISTRICT (once I made sure that the district new about my sons disability they wanted to help) can give your child.

Hope this helps.

Susie

Sent from my iPhone