[blindkid] BrailleNote use

Penny Duffy pennyduffy at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 04:07:27 UTC 2012

Home use is covered under IDEA its not uncommon for school districts to
resist.  You are being responsible to request.  Many students have their
equipment like note takers and computers available for home use to. My
daughter has a braille display, a Perkins Brailler, Lots of paper, abacus.
The talking calculator says at school unless she needs it for home work and
then they send it home.

I don't know if this answers your questions. I know some parents
have struggled with this issue. If they let him bring it home for the
summer than it really shouldn't be an issue during he school year since it
directly needed (or could be useful) for homework.

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 10:56 PM, Carly B <barnesraiser at gmail.com> wrote:

> That would be great, if they would agree to do that! However, that looks
> like a long-shot at this point... :)
>
> On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 9:52 PM, Julie Yanez <jyanez112 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Can an addendum be held just to modify current goals? That way the whole
> > IEP isn't required to attend.

> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindkid_nfbnet.org/pennyduffy%40gmail.com

--Penny