[blindkid] computers as school credit

rholloway at gopbc.org rholloway at gopbc.org
Sat Sep 15 02:09:54 UTC 2012

If it is a full (authorized) installation he can use it as often and as long (per session) as he wants.

You can also install a fully working demo (for free) onto any PC you have available and unless they have changed this recently, it will work for something like 40 minutes as a standard copy. After that, a restart of the machine will allow another 40 minutes.

You can repeat the cycle as many times as you want, for as many days as you want (it is non-expiring), and if you choose to buy a copy, it will be the exact same copy with an authorization code added. (Assuming you demo the latest release.)

Unfortunately there's no free trial counterpart for a braille keyboard or display to go with the JAWS unless you have a note taker around with the right features.

The good news is JAWS and a QWERTY keyboard are a very good thing to be able to work with. There are even portable JAWS solutions where you can take a USB (or similar) device in hand to move your authorization from one machine to the next.

Hauling a braille keyboard in your pocket is a bit harder than keeping around a little USB drive...