[blindkid] Victory in an NJ Town

melissa R green graduate56 at juno.com
Mon Apr 8 18:34:27 UTC 2013

yay!
thats really awesome news.

Sincerely,
Melissa and Pj
Find me at:
Twitter melissa5674
facebook Melissa R Green
Linkedin www.linkedin.com/in/melissagreen5674

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carol Castellano" <carol_castellano at verizon.net>
To: <blindkid at nfbnet.org>
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2013 12:02 PM
Subject: [blindkid] Victory in an NJ Town

Hi Everyone,

Just got home from an IEP meeting in a town in New Jersey.  We're
feeling pretty good because the school agreed to Braille!  We didn't
even have to take out the big--Hank Miller case--guns!  It took
almost two years to get them to put the program together, but the
student is now learning how to type, how to use a computer with
speech, how to take notes and direct a human reader, and now will
begin to learn Braille!

We, the mom and I, are exhausted but happy :-).

Carol

Carol Castellano
President, Parents of Blind Children-NJ
Director of Programs