[blindkid] reading speed?

oandemom . traci.mwd at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 19:53:45 UTC 2013

Wow, does your daughter sound like mine!  Part of it is just age I think,
she is only six.  I think when you read at home, you just have to do it and
it will sink in that she has to do it.  It took us until 2nd grade to get
my daughter to accept homework and not just sit and whine about it.  We
also started reading together, taking turns, she reads a page, then I read
a page and she likes it b/c she feels like she isn't reading as much.
Really she is, but its just broken up between the two of us and she gets a
rest.  Her friends speed really got better in 3/4th grade using this
method, so I'm hoping this year my daughters speed will really jump too,
she is in 3rd grade now.  Comprehension is big though too, I don't want her
to read so fast that she then isn't comprehending the story...  so its a
give and take.

Good luck!
Traci

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 2:35 PM, Lydia Anne Schuck <lydia.a.schuck at wmich.edu