[blindkid] Psychological evaluation and IQ Testing

Bo Page bo.page at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 10 02:32:29 UTC 2013

I'm not really sure why the TVI wants the testing now.  They made it sound like
it is routine.    We are trying to decide if my daughter  should follow a
vocational path or college.  My guess is that the  services for the blind will
use the results to decide what kind of  vocational help they will give her.  She
was evaluated approx. 10 years  prior, and I think they want to see if her IQ
has changed.  I am  inclined not to follow through with it.  So far I haven't
heard anything  that tells me this would be an advantage to my daughter in any
way.   And then to have her tested by someone who is not qualified to test a
blind person scares me.  The first time she was tested we used someone  who had
the expertise in that area.  Thank you to all of you who have  responded to my
post so far.  It is greatly appreciated.