[blindkid] Tactile graphics question

Penny Duffy pennyduffy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 15:40:02 UTC 2013

Pat what you said is pretty much our experience.  If its something the
TVI does its usually pretty good. The math book can go from ok to
really poor. If its something done in class for different reasons its
sometimes doesn't happen at all.  They tend to focus on a lot on the
sight she does have forgetting she really can't see that much. if she
can't see print on a page she can't see most graphics much less ones
that require much detail. My daughter is really good at pretending she
can see something she is also not good at asking for more if she needs
more.  I also agree with Richard that technology in schools is causing
even more issues as it comes to graphics and tactile options.

-Penny