[blindkid] Chrome books & braille displays

Holly Baker Miller hollym12 at gmail.com
Sun May 12 15:15:03 UTC 2013

Our school is starting to deploy Chromebooks more and more in the
classroom.  I'm trying to find out if they support use with a braille
display (specifically Humanware Brailliant)

 It does have a built in screen reader but the info I'm finding on line is
that it doesn't support a braille display.  Can anyone confirm/refute that?
 I've heard things through the NFB grapevine about issues with Google
products and accessibility but I'm unsure of the details.

So far it seems Hank has been managing it's use visually but it's still a
bit of a novelty and managing isn't necessarily the same as appropriate.

Thanks!
Holly