[blindkid] Fwd: White Cane Safety Day Oct 15 in Port St Lucie, FL

Doreen Franklin doreenproverbs3 at bellsouth.net
Tue Oct 22 20:54:42 UTC 2013

We had a great turnout for our White Cane Safety Day at the St Lucie Chapter event on Tuesday, Oct 15.

Our chapter meets at the radio station at the state college, and we had a reporter with us for the full event; she not only taped the event but participated in the walk also. Here is the link for the WQCS Radio story - http://wqcs.org/post/its-white-cane-safety-dayand afew pics from the station. Please feel free to listen and share this article with your members.

Even though we didn't get TV coverage, the radio coverage was great!! We also had numerous residents from St Lucie County and even some from the county to the north of us!

All of our members know we had a very successful White Cane Safety Day !!!

Doreen Franklin
Secretary, St Lucie Chapter, NFB-FL
and
V President, FOPBC