[blindkid] Odd Boy Out: Young Albert Einstein

Tony Grima agrima at nbp.org
Tue Jan 7 16:15:58 UTC 2014

January 2014 Book Club Selection
Odd Boy Out: Young Albert Einstein
by Dr. Seuss

Print/braille children's book, $6.99
In contracted braille
Ages 5 to 10

When he was born, Albert was a peculiar, fat baby with an unusually big and
misshaped head. When he was older, he didn't have many friends, and he
puzzled his teachers;  though clearly gifted in science, math, and music, he
was an indifferent student in most subjects. But in the midst of all of
this, Albert was fascinated with solving puzzles and fixing scientific
problems. The ideas Albert Einstein came up with during his childhood as an
odd boy out were destined to change the way we know and understand the world
around us . . .
This well-crafted biography focuses on Einstein's hard-to-classify
brilliance, which led to awesome scientific discoveries, but all too often
left him a misunderstood outsider.  Brown offers a thoughtful introduction
to an enigmatic man. This book will pique the interest of readers with
little or no knowledge of Einstein.
"Read this if your child is unique (and they all are). I sent this to a
friend whose son is quite intelligent, but does not always follow school
rules. She first read it herself, then chose sections to talk with him
about. Very enlightening."
-An Amazon.com Reader

If your child has an inquisitive mind, pair this book with our Out-of-Sight
Science Experiments!

To order, visit:
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/BC1401-ODD.html

******
To order any books, send payment to:
NBP, 88 St. Stephen Street, Boston, MA 02115-4302
Or call and charge it: toll-free (800) 548-7323 or (617) 266-6160 ext 520.
Or order any of our books online at
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/publications/index.html.

Thanks,

Tony Grima