[blindkid] Refreshable Braille

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Wed Jan 15 18:57:49 UTC 2014

I should point out that if you use a braille display with a Mac or
IDevice the key combinations are controlled by the Apple product.
When using it with a Windows computer the manufacturer of the braille
display sets up the key combinations.  If your student can try
different products it would be very helpful.  The products have
different setups and feels so it can vary a lot.  I will compare it to
buying a car.  I might love a Ford Mustang and think there is nothing
better.  I let you drive my car and you don't like it for some reason.
 You wouldn't buy the Mustang just because I told you it was a great
car.  There is no one braille display fits all. The NFB convention is
a great place to check out what is offered.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053