[blindkid] Seeking Critical Accessibility Information at Washington Seminar

Yingling, Valerie Vyingling at nfb.org
Fri Jan 24 22:36:55 UTC 2014

Dear Federationists,

While you attend Washington Seminar on Monday, January 27th, be sure to stop by one of the NFB Legal Department's survey tables.  In an effort to gather critical accessibility information from members, the NFB Legal Department, along with Brown, Goldstein & Levy, and D.C.-based law firm of Mehri & Skalet, will be conducting member surveys on the following topics:

*        Electronic Health Records

o   We are seeking information from employees and students required to use electronic health record systems on the job or for school purposes.

*        Pre-employment Testing

o   We are seeking information from anyone who has attempted to fill out an online job application or take an online employment test with screen access software or expects to do so in the near future. If the test you have taken or plan to take was developed by Kenexa, or if the job you have applied for or will be applying for is with a federal government contractor, we would be especially interested in speaking with you.

*        Technology in Higher Education

o   We are gathering information from college and university students regarding Web applications for assignment collaboration and other technologies.

*        Common Core State Standard Assessment Field Tests

o   We are seeking information regarding K-12 students that will be taking a field test or have been excluded from taking the test due to blindness.

*        Online and Mobile Banking

o   We are gathering information pertaining to account management and other features.

Survey tables will be located in the following locations at the Holiday Inn Capitol, Washington DC:

*        Apollo Room, from 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.

*        Discovery II Room, from 2:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.

*        Discovery II Foyer, from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

If you cannot attend Washington Seminar this year and are able to contribute to our information gathering efforts, please contact Valerie Yingling, Paralegal at the National Federation of the Blind at Vyingling at nfb.org<mailto:Vyingling at nfb.org> or 410-659-9314 ext. 2440.