[blindkid] Dealing with selfish behavior

Marianne Denning via blindkid blindkid at nfbnet.org
Mon Jun 2 15:52:48 UTC 2014

I think everyone has great points but it doesn't really matter why she is
controlling.  Traci wants to help her daughter change her behavior.  I can't
control anyone's behavior but my own.  Her daughter's controlling
personality may just be part of who she is.  It can be a good quality wwhen
her daughter learns to use it in the right situations.

Again, each of us, blind, sighted... have personality traits that we
struggle with throughout life.  They are all part of who we are.  Our
disability may cause us to use these traits to manage our world but that can
backfire on us. We try to substitute behaviors that give positive results
for those that cause negative results.