[blindkid] Chromebooks

Holly Baker Miller hollym12 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 15:08:12 UTC 2014

Unless google has very recently made some very big changes, Docs, Drive &
other apps are not fully accessible with JAWS.

JAWS will be able to navigate docs/drive to some degree but not completely
and a blind user will not necessarily be able to discern what is being
missed.

Some fields will not be recognized & skipped over as if nothing was there.
 Other fields will be read as gibberish rather than the text that is there.
 If I remember correctly, another issue is notifications of new documents
and/or recently edited document are not recognizable to jaws.

I can't find much recent documentation but here's one article

https://nfb.org/images/nfb/publications/bm/bm14/bm1401/bm140112.htm

Holly