[blindkid] ADA Question

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Thu Mar 13 19:46:19 UTC 2014

I know several O&M instructors who don't encourage the low vision
students to carry a cane.  I must admit, even with the extremely low
vision I once had, I did not carry a cane and then when I did it was
only for identification when I crossed a street.  Confessions of a
blind woman.  I know how they feel.  We need to be proud of being
blind even when society tells us we should be ashamed of it.

I love braille signage even though I grew up without it.  It is really
helpful, even when I think I know where I am.  I use it to confirm
that I am in the right place. But if I don't have signage I use other
information.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053