[blindkid] info help

Richard Holloway rholloway at gopbc.org
Wed Mar 26 18:07:10 UTC 2014

Technology, without a doubt...

We're in pretty good shape with technology in our house, but if we weren't, or if there was something new, or for "tips and tricks"?...

Also, the technology sessions at national are generally well attended and sometimes standing room only. They run past time and people still can't all get their questions answered.

I may be a bit better off with this sort of tech than some parents and yet I still go to national sessions if I can, because there is always more to learn.

First runner up-- I'd agree, some useful IEP info. We all face this at least once a year. What to ask. What to avoid. When to sign. When to refuse signing. Our right to call for a new IEP at **ANY** time. Legal basics. Wright's law and other sources. 504 vs IEP. What makes an accommodation "reasonable". LRE-- what environment IS "least restrictive". Semantics: we want what is best, but we demand what is "appropriate", per FAPE.  Stuff like that.

Sent from my iPhone