[blindkid] Braille Book Fair 2014 Information

Carol Castellano carol_castellano at verizon.net
Wed May 7 19:17:02 UTC 2014

Braille Book Fair 2014
National Convention, Orlando Fl

Calling all Braille readers, teachers, and parents!

It’s that time again: Time to sort through all
those boxes of Braille books and donate those
gently used but no longer needed Braille books to
the 2014 Braille Book Fair sponsored by the
National Organization of Parents of Blind Children.

Our primary goal is to get more Braille books
into the hands of children, youth, and beginning
adult readers, so here’s what we need most:

• LOTS of print-Braille picture storybooks!!!!
• cookbooks
• poetry

Children are so hungry for their very own books
that every year, despite generous donations of
books, most of our books for young children are
gone in less than 20 minutes. So, begin your
search through the boxes in your basement and
spare room and get those books shipped to:

UPS
Elainna Moore - Area HR Manager
C/O 2014 NFB CONVENTION BRAILLE BOOK FAIR
8901 Atlantic Ave
Orlando, FL 32824

This year's coordinator is Krystal Guillory. If
you have any questions, you may contact Krystal
Guillory at 318.245.8955 or
kguillory at lcb-ruston.com. This year's event is
slated to take place on Thursday, July 3, 2013
from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. Please check the Convention agenda for location.

Carol Castellano
Parents of Blind Children-NJ
Director of Programs
973-377-0976