[blindkid] SAT Prep Class District Support?

Pat Renfranz via blindkid blindkid at nfbnet.org
Mon May 19 00:38:45 UTC 2014

Vejas,
My daughter Caroline took the PSAT in the fall of 2012 and the SAT in the
fall of 2013, with Braille, tactile graphics, and extended time as we
requested through the College Board. Although she did not take a prep
course, she did use study guides that she found on Bookshare; obviously
these would not help with graphics per se, but did help with how questions
are phrased and what type of questions are on the tests. She also received
practice tests from the College Board, although only shortly before taking
the tests. She told me that the graphics on the tests are extremely well
prepared; she didn't have any problems reading them or understanding them.
The extended time was important especially for the reading comprehension
sections, because searching back through the text is cumbersome.
Good luck with your college preparations!
Pat Renfranz