[blindkid] blindkid Digest, Vol 121, Issue 26

Jill Fass via blindkid blindkid at nfbnet.org
Fri May 30 14:20:05 UTC 2014

I went to Overbrook School for the Blind in Philadelphia when my son
was 6 months old. The first thing they said and drilled into our heads
is we are representing our child until possibly 21 years of age. You
can not be a pitbull with the school and must go by the chain of
command. Don't be a pushover and know your stuff and keep a paper
trail. If you get a bad reputation it will just be harder for you to
get what you need for your child.

Jill

My son is now in 1st grade and so far everything is going well with
our son. He is on grade level in a regular classroom. He is legally
blind with adaptions for him to see better. The schools works with us
very nicely.