[blindkid] First-grade art

Deborah Kent Stein dkent5817 at att.net
Mon Sep 22 23:14:40 UTC 2014

Clay is great, either the kind that hardens or the oil-based variety that
can be re-used indefinitely.  You can make wonderful art materials with
flour and water and salt.  Collages can be made  with cut-outs or all sorts
of found objects such as leaves, pebbles, acorns, fabric scraps, yarn,
feathers, etc.  Most three-dimensional projects can work well for sighted
kids, too, so if the teacher is flexible, the blind child can be included in
projects that involve the whole class.

Debbie