[blindkid] Question about g-tubes

Anita Adkins asadkins at frontier.com
Mon Apr 13 21:13:06 UTC 2015

Hello,

Good to hear from you. I thank you and the others for your advice. I may
call Carlton for more details should I adopt a child with a g-tube. I am
excited that working with a g-tube sounds like a very doable process. My
goal is to adopt a blind/visually impaired child, but so far, I am not
finding any in the fostercare system. It is interesting to hear you have a
4-month-old because I am also not finding many children 2 and under unless
they have significant medical needs. Because I work during the day, I cannot
accept a child that would require frequent doctor visits and such. I do have
my homestudy completed, and I am trying to be patient and remain hopeful I
will find a child. I am also considering widening my search to include
children with some other disabilities. Good luck on your adopting the little
boy. Anita