[blindkid] Newsletters About Cane Travel

Carol Castellano carol_castellano at verizon.net
Sun Apr 19 01:15:17 UTC 2015

Hi Roanna,

Are you looking for info as a parent of a blind child?  Or as a
teacher?  Or to give to someone else?  I don't think we have a
newsletter devoted to that topic, but we have lots of resources about
it.  For example, these links http://www.pdrib.com/pages/omgames.php
and   http://www.pdrib.com/pages/omkids.php have O&M information,
games for children, and a link to a wonderful book by Merry-Noel
Chamberlain called

The True Story of Owin M.

There are dozens of excellent articles about O&M in Future
Reflections and the Braille Monitor that you can find here:
https://nfb.org/future-reflections and
https://nfb.org/braille-monitor.  Joe Cutter's book on the subject is
an excellent resource: Independent Movement and Travel in Blind
Children.  You can find it here:
https://ecommerce.nfb.org/asp/prodtype.asp?prodtype=47&ph=&keywords=&recor=&SearchFor=&PT_ID=

And then there's our wonderful Early Explorers program.  You find
info about it here: https://nfb.org/earlyexplorers.

Let us know more about what you are looking for, if the above won't do it.

Carol

Carol Castellano
Parents of Blind Children-NJ
Director of Programs