[blindkid] CoGat

Allison Hilliker AllisonH at benetech.org
Wed Aug 5 22:28:26 UTC 2015

Hi all,

This topic is really interesting to me because I had a similar issue with getting into a gifted program myself when I was young. And that was over 20 years ago! It looks like not much has changed unfortunately.

I'm wondering, what tests do seem to be best for assessing gifted status among blind children? I did read Stephanie's article and liked it very much, but so many tests were mentioned that I'm not sure what to conclude about best practices for assessing potentially gifted blind students.

Stephanie, good for you for advocating so extensively for your daughter. That looked like a ton of work and stress and I'm glad you hung in there. What grade is Kendra in now? Is she still liking the gifted program? I imagine many of us would enjoy an update.

Best,
Allison