[blindkid] Submissions Wanted!

Deborah Kent Stein dkent5817 at att.net
Fri Feb 20 22:28:16 UTC 2015

The Spring 2015 issue of Future Reflections will be a special issue about
extracurricular activities - all those fun, educational, character-building
activities that kids do outside the classroom.  I am looking for articles
about kids and teens who are involved in sports, both adaptive and
mainstream; clubs; Scouts; church groups; theater; dance; or hobbies, from
ceramics to raising goats, from designing games to building birdhouses to
rock climbing.  Has your child run into snags about getting to participate
fully?  How did you problem solve?  How did you troubleshoot attitudinal
barriers?  How have these activities helped your child build friendships and
develop skills?  If your child or teen would like to write an article, that
would be great!  Please contact me off list to share your ideas.  I'll look
forward to hearing from you!

Debbie Stein

Future Reflections

Dkent5817 at att.net <mailto:Dkent5817 at att.net>