[blindkid] Spanish Braille books for kids

IftheShew Fits barnesraiser at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 21:19:21 UTC 2015

Several years ago I got a request from a woman in Mexico who had seen a
video I uploaded to YouTube of my son practicing Braille. She said she was
a teacher there and had just started teaching a blind girl of about age 7,
and asked me if I knew how she could get ahold of a Perkins Brailler. It
was my impression that she was a regular classroom teacher who was willing
to do what ever it took to be an effective teacher to her student, even
though she had no skills or many resources. I'm not sure if I could find
those old emails but could you deliver a Perkins Brailler if you knew
someone who needed one? And do you know what is the situation with blind
education in Mexico?

-- Carolynn Barnes