[blindkid] Jaws vs Window Eyes

Himanshu Neema hn.nopbc at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 18:13:46 UTC 2015

It is my understanding that for a heavy user needing a lot of scripting for customizing his/her braille reading, Window Eyes has the most advanced scripting capabilities. For example, an accountant and a lawyer has a very different reading material to go through and both have a lot of their own domain dependent short hands, symbols, and acronyms. But, for regular users JAWS is probably more than enough. Furthermore, school/college systems nationwide are mostly using JAWS. But as a blind child/person, you can choose which screen reader you want to use, just like you can choose which cane you want to use, just like the way sighted can choose which eye-glasses they can wear or which hearing-aids they will use. I hope it helps.

Himanshu