[blindkid] ALASKA raffling 4 $250+ baskets

Bonnie Lucas lucas.bonnie at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 06:20:52 UTC 2015

Hello Federationists,

It is with	 great anticipation that I announce the "baskets raffle,"
sponsored by the Anchorage, Alaska chapter, to start in conjunction with the
75th anniversary of the National Federation of the Blind. Merchants in
Anchorage have been more than generous with their support. Our plan is to
have at least four baskets to raffle. They will include: Alaska made
chocolates along with a gift certificate to the modern dweller's Chocolate
Lounge, a water bottle and fanny pack bottle holder, jacket or personalized
vest, products from Lush Cosmetics, an ulu knife, and a number of
hand-crafted items from local artists. We are still firming up some of our
donations but we anticipate that the retail value of each basket may be
around 2-3hundred dollars. Our small population and the distance from the
rest of the other states makes it very difficult to bring many people to
convention. We are determined to bring at least 10 people next year from our
chapter by offering each person a scholarship of at least $500. We need the
support of all our NFB family!

Please come to our table, B27, located at Convention Center, West Hall
Section WA2, level 2. The tickets will be selling for $5 per ticket or five
tickets for $20.

We will also have Alaska theme Midnight Sun Chapter hoodies, sweat shirts,
and tee-shirts.
These light gray shirts show the front view of the former NFB logo Whozit
standing on a dog sled.
The Whozit is driving the sled which is pulled by five enthusiastic sled
dogs.
Above the picture are the words "National Federation of the Blind".
Below the picture are the words "Midnight Sun Chapter serving the Interior
of Alaska".

If you have questions, please write to lucas.bonnie at gmail.com or call
907-301-6808. We will be selling tickets on line so stay tuned for
information regarding how to purchase tickets via the internet. Drawings
will take place at our state convention to be held the second week in
October. Of course, it goes without saying that you do not have to be
present to win. We are prepared to ship the winners' baskets to them.

See you soon!

Bonnie Lucas,
Chapter president,
Anchorage chapter,