[blindkid] TSBVI summer programs - done them?

Leah Pratt hikingshoes at gmail.com
Thu May 7 18:52:52 UTC 2015

We have applied for my son to attend the TSBVI summer program. He's going
into 4th grade. Huge social deficit. None of his previous TVIs recommended
him.

He is on the waitlist and I was told there is very little chance of his
getting in until he has been waitlisted several years, because priority
goes to students who don't have services. He doesn't even need to stay in
the dorm because he lives in Austin - same excuse.

How true is this? Bottom line, I want him to attend and he should have
attended in prior years. What do I need to do?

Leah
Austin TX