[blindkid] Incorporating the Expanded Core Curriculum into thelives of visually impaired children at home

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Sun May 17 14:29:30 UTC 2015

Carol, I tell all of my families about NFB and the parents'
organization.  I also strongly recommend your book because I know it
is the truth.  Mom had the NFB philosophy when she was raising me even
though I doubt she ever heard of the NFB. I am also a TVI who sets the
bar very high for all of my students.  I have helped change a few
parents' opinions about their child's abilities. But there is so much
to do.  I think the expanded core curriculum is professionals trying
to answer a problem they have noticed for many years.  I love your
ideas for changing the wording.  I don't think of braille as a
compensatory skill.  It is how I read the written word.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053