[blindkid] How Blind Children can help with ThanksgivingPreparations

Carol Castellano carol.joyce.castellano at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 15:27:49 UTC 2015

For the oven, a blind friend of ours taught my daughter to open the oven
and go down the side of the opening with her hand and then check where the
racks are, before having the pan in your hands.

She suggested practicing this with an empty pan and a cold oven.  It was
great advice.

Also, there are silicone covered oven GLOVES, as opposed to mitts, which
allow movement of the fingers.  My daughter finds these much better for her
to use.

Carol

Carol Castellano
Parents of Blind Children-NJ