[blindkid] Which conference?

Sarah Thomas seacknit at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 00:06:28 UTC 2016

The NFB convention has activities for kids that age.  Also, having the opportunity for your child to meet other blind kids can be very enlightening at that age.  My son (and our family) began attending the NFB convention when he was 5.  He made some friends who have been very important in his life.  I’d highly recommend attending the convention.  Maybe the whole convention would be a bit much (we were exhausted meeting so many new people and learning new things) but my bias is towards attending as much as you can.  It’s empowering to see blind kids and blind adults getting out and doing all the things you want your kid to do.

Cheers,

Sally Thomas