[blindkid] Blind Exchange Student looking for a placement

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 11 16:19:50 UTC 2017

Hello all,

Please read the message below.  If you can help, contact Margherita Mazzeti
directly.  I can send you a letter from the exchange student if you are
interested.  It is a little long to post here.  I have no further
information.  Thanks for helping if you can.  Read below.

My name is Margherita Mazzetti and I work for an Exchange Program in Italy
called Mondo Insieme. We promote Cultural exchanges together with our
American partners, ASSE International Student Exchange Program, based in
Laguna Beach, CA.

We are looking for an American family who would like to host a 16 year old
girl, whose dream is to come and attend an American High School in the
States for one academic year. Gaia, this is her name, has been selected by
her teachers and by us and is willing to start her experience. The family
should provide her with a bed and include her in family meals.

She will live as an integrated member of the family, she will take upon the
same duties and responsibilities. Gaia comes with full medical insurance and
with their own pocket money for movie tickets, toiletries, souvenirs, etc.

Unfortunately Gaia is partially sighted and this is the reason why we are
addressing to your federation which deals with people who has this kind of
handicap, hoping you can find among your contacts, a family for her. She has
a standard disease (a macular degeneration), she doesn't need medication,
she only takes some vitamins and supplements and she must wear sunglasses.
She needs to use an I-pad, to study on e-books or sheets with big types and
she needs some help at school in reading the blackboard.

Even though she has to deal with this disease, she conducts a normal life
and has many hobbies such as swimming, dancing, singing and boxing. Here
attached the letter she has written to her future American host family.

Hosting her would be also for the family an enriching cultural experience,
they will treasure for the rest of their lives.

Would you consider helping us to provide this girl with such a unique
experience?

Thanks in advance for your kind attention and I hope to hear from you soon.
Best regards,
Margherita
mmazzetti at mondoinsieme.it

Margherita Mazzetti / Exchange Students Program
 <mailto:mmazzetti at mondoinsieme.it> mmazzetti at mondoinsieme.it
MONDO INSIEME
Via Castiglione, 35 - 40124 Bologna - Italia
Tel.: +39 051 656 9257 / Fax: +39 051 291 4042
 <http://www.mondoinsieme.it> www.mondoinsieme.it
 <https://htmlsig.com/t/000001BN1GHT>
<https://s3.amazonaws.com/htmlsig-assets/spacer.gif>
<https://htmlsig.com/t/000001CD6RTR>