[blindkid] Coding Camp for blind students

scduffley at aol.com scduffley at aol.com
Fri May 19 20:01:58 UTC 2017

Hi Cheryl, i checked with Christopher's tech teacher and Christopher would be excellent for this. How do we apply?

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Thursday, May 18, 2017, cheryl cumings via blindkid <blindkid at nfbnet.org> wrote:

This year, we have a partnership with Vision-Aid which will allow us to support 4 students who join us remotely. We are really excited about the Coding Camp and would love to let as many people as possible know about this opportunity. If you can share the below announcement with your list, we are confident that many people will learn about this opportunity. Thank you very much for your time and attention. I look forward to hearing from you. Best, Cheryl Cumings Founder/Executive Director www.ourspaceourplace.org Our Space Our Place Coding Camp, July 10- 14 2017 *	At Microsoft NERD Center in Cambridge, MA. *	Time: 9:30 AM � 2:30 PM *	Location: 1 Memorial Drive, Cambridge, MA 02142 *	Eligible for pre-ETS support *	Participants: students ages 14 – 21 years old - Our Space Our Place and Microsoft invites students who are blind or low vision to participate in an exciting week-long computer learning experience. Vision-Aid will support students to remotely attend the class. What you will do: *	Build your own website *	Meet coders, video game makers and other professionals in the tech sector and explore career options in high-tech! As technology becomes part of all aspects of our life, it is important that as individuals who are blind or low vision we know how to both use and create technology. Learn Today - Prepare for Your Future To participate you must be a proficient user of a screen reader and/or magnification tool. There are 2 spaces for students who live outside of Boston or outside of Massachusetts, who would like to attend the Coding Camp. To register go to http://www.ourspaceourplace.org/eventdetails.php For more information, including transportation options: Call: (617) 459-4084 Email: <mailto:president at ourspaceourplace.org> president at ourspaceourplace.org _______________________________________________ blindkid mailing list blindkid at nfbnet.org http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/blindkid_nfbnet.org To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for blindkid: http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindkid_nfbnet.org/scduffley%40aol.com