[blindkid] A Letter To Nintendo

Gustave Jonas gjonas817 at gmail.com
Tue May 23 14:13:12 UTC 2017

First, here's Hibiki's letter to Nintendo:

Dear Nintendo,

Hello. My name is Hibiki Sakai and I am in fifth grade. I am blind, but I've
always wanted to play video games like everyone else. But there aren't many
games I can play at all. The one game I can really play is Rhythm Tengoku.
It's the only game I can enjoy together with others, and I never lose at it.
I've gotten perfect scores on all the versions on the Game Boy Advance,
Nintendo DS, Wii, and 3DS too. So I really, really want you to make more
Rhythm Tengoku games. And it's perfectly fine if you make them a little
harder too! I think that there are a lot of other kids with visual
impairments who want to play video games but can't. So I'd love for you to
develop more games for people with handicaps to enjoy playing with others. I
will always support you, Nintendo.

>From Hibiki Sakai

Nintendo's reply to Hibiki was delivered printed on Rhythm Heaven letter
paper, with an alternative version printed completely in braille.

"Thank you so much for sending us here at Nintendo your heartwarming
letter," the company wrote. "We are so happy to hear that you've perfected
and enjoyed Rhythm Tengoku, Rhythm Tengoku Gold, Minna no Rhythm Tengoku,
and Rhythm Tengoku The Best. "We have passed on your letter to Nintendo's
development department. We want to keep making games that everyone can have
fun playing, so thank you for your support."