[blindkid] The Washington Post: For decades, the blind have used canes to get around. Now a special wristband gives them a ‘sixth sense.’

DrV icdx1111 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 23:05:14 UTC 2017

This came across my news feed today... it sounds like they a blending “sources” & even mention the NFB. The pictured canes are different than ones I’m used to seeing too...
For decades, the blind have used canes to get around. Now a special wristband gives them a ‘sixth sense.’
The Washington Post

Inventors hope to eventually pair the device with apps to aid in navigation, as well as avoiding immediate barriers. Read the full story

Shared from Apple News