[blindkid] music book

Albert Rizzi Albert at Myblindspot.org
Fri Sep 15 14:15:49 UTC 2017

I have a few questions first. Are we talking about a college or a university, or a high school? The disabilities office is absolutely required to make all textbooks available in an accessible format, if the books are a required text for the courses offered at the institution. The disability office, should, know where to go to order an accessible version or versions of any and all textbooks.

My Blind Spot works with a company based in Atlanta, ANAC, that produces accessible textbooks once they are asked to do so by your daughters school.

Feel free to write me off list and I can try and help you move this forward. Peace and to be continued...

Albert

-----Original Message-----
From: blindkid [mailto:blindkid-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of hpscheffer--- via blindkid
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2017 10:06 AM
To: blindkid at nfbnet.org
Cc: hpscheffer at aol.com
Subject: [blindkid] music book

I'm looking for a music book for my daughter choir class, called "Alfred's Essentials of Music Theory Book 2" accessible with Jaws, does anyone have any leads or used this in an accessible format? They also are using this site www.emtontheweb.com which is completely inaccessible. They do not have it in Bookshare :(

I wrote to the publishers asking for it to be produced for screen reading technology, as they are required to by the ADA. But if any of you have any information it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much,

Heidi