[blindkid] Schematic Diagrams and Programming

Gustave Jonas gjonas817 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 19:34:29 UTC 2017

Hello All!

My 9 year old son has recently shown an interest in digital electronics and
programming. I have been trying to find a resource for creating schematic
diagrams in braille. I keep finding the system used in the British version
of Nemeth, but I don't want to set him up for failure when he gets to High
School and learns there is an American Braille way to create these
diagrams.  If anyone knows where I can find an American way to do this, I
would much appreciate it.  Just an FYI, I have asked his TVI and his
Adaptive Tech Professional and they have no idea.

On another note.  If anyone knows of a good IDE that will work with JAWS
for programming, I would love to hear about it.  I am thinking about
starting with either VBasic, Java, or one of the C languages depending on
what kind of devices we will create.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Gustave Jonas