[blindkid] Lilli Nelson's Little Room

rjaquiss rjaquiss at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 23 00:07:09 UTC 2018

Hello:

     I suggest paying very careful attention when building a Little Room.
Dr. Nielsen used great care when she designed the system. I saw the results
when someone built their own. The person used fine ribbon to attach the
hanging objects. A little girl got her fingers tangled in a ribbon and her
care giver had to cut the ribbon off her finger. In a properly constructed
Little Room, I have seen some objects secured with 1/8 round elastic cord
and other objects secured with 1/8 cord and magnets. You should never use
elastic and a magnet in combination. If a child were to exert enough force
and pull on a piece of elastic secured with a magnet, they could get hurt by
the flying magnet. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Robert