[blindkid] Families Needed for Research Study on Physical Activity of Children who are Blind or Low Vision

Kim Cunningham kim at gulfimagesphoto.com
Thu Feb 8 15:49:06 UTC 2018

 The below research participant solicitation is being provided for informational purposes only. The National Federation of the Blind has no involvement in this research, but we believe that it may contribute to our research mission.    Justin Haegele, Assistant Professor at Old Dominion University, is currently seeking families with a child who is blind or low vision to participate in a research study to investigate the physical activity, nutrition, and wellbeing of youth with visual impairment in comparison with their primary care providers and siblings. Families with one child who is blind or low vision, at least one child without visual impairment, and one parent who are willing to participate are eligible for this study. Children must be between 8 and 17 years of age. Families from any location within the United States are eligible to participate. All families who successfully complete all aspects of this study will receive a $40 Amazon gift card. Please see the attached flyer for additional information about this research study.    Lou Ann Blake, J.D. Deputy Executive Director, Jernigan Institute 200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230 (410) 659-9314, extension 2221| lblake at nfb.org                                                 The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.