[BlindKid] A plan to follow

Deborah Kent Stein dkent5817 at att.net
Tue Apr 16 15:26:33 UTC 2019

Wonderful that you’re getting so much support! Please keep us posted!

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Tuesday, April 16, 2019, 10:19 AM, adrijana prokopenko via BlindKid <blindkid at nfbnet.org> wrote:

As my 9-graders have chosen what to do as a vocation and continue
their education in the same school for the blind, they feel the same
excitement and concerns as most of us did at that age. At the same
time, their families are getting pretty worried about their prospect
of employment afterwards, as most who have graduated and live in
smaller towns are still struggling to find employment. So we as a
school decided to come up with a plan. Their class teacher advised
their parents to do a research of companies and medical centers near
them they can visit, but during the visit also visit the city mayor
and talk about everything and then visit the places together and get
some kind of assurance that in 3 or 4 years time, the students would
be able to work as positions are available. One family had a pretty
positive response from the mayor, as he said that he would personally
help in this matter and also promised to give a scholarship to the
students. Not sure what will happen, but I want to stay hopeful hope I
would be able to let you know more in 4 years time.